March 7, 2023 | 7:00 p.m. | Alberta Rose Theatre
3000 NE Alberta St., Portland OR 97211
Join us for an onstage conversation with Kiese Laymon, author of Heavy and How to Slowly Kill Yourself and Others in America.
This event is part of our Consider This series on People, Place, and Power. In his writing, Laymon engages with the personal and the political: race and family, body and shame, poverty and place.
Tickets are available now. Click here to buy a ticket. To request free tickets, please use this form.
The conversation will also be broadcast live, for free, on YouTube and Facebook.
About the Venue
- ♿ The Alberta Rose Theatre is a wheelchair-accessible venue. To reserve a space for a wheelchair or other mobility device, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the event.
- 🚗 Free parking is available in the neighborhood around the theater. Parking spaces often fill up quickly.
- 🚏 The TriMet Line 72 bus stops in front of the theater. Lines 70 and 17 have stops within four blocks of the venue.
- 🥟 Beverages and limited food are available. Outside food and beverages are not permitted.
- 🎶 There will be music at a moderate volume before and after the event.
- ℹ️ Read more about this venue.
$15; free tickets available
Ben Waterhouse, email@example.com