Oregon Humanities' facilitation training prepares people to plan and facilitate conversations about vital issues and questions across differences, beliefs, and backgrounds. These conversations help build strong relationships within organizations and among communities. We will host this three-part training on Zoom, and we’ll focus on both online and in-person facilitation techniques and skills.
Reflective conversations get people talking with each other about a question or topic that people may think about differently depending on their personal beliefs and experiences. This training will provide you with tools to plan and facilitate these conversations both at work and within the broader community. During the training, you will participate in reflective conversations in large and small groups and deepen your understanding of techniques for leading them. All participants will be asked to facilitate a conversation during the break between the second and third training days and bring their experiences and questions back to the full group.
During the training you will
- learn about facilitation and reflective conversation.
- have an opportunity to practice new skills and techniques.
- reflect on and share your own beliefs and assumptions and listen to beliefs, backgrounds, and experiences different than your own.
- participate in conversations and debriefs that analyze facilitation tools and choices.
You will leave feeling more confident and equipped to
- observe and respond to group dynamics.
- design and facilitate a conversation that allows people and groups to learn more deeply about themselves and each other.
- use our framework and tools to facilitate a reflective conversation at your workplace or in your community work.
Each training is limited to the first twenty people to sign up so that each attendee can receive the best hands-on facilitation experience.
Our trainings cost $450, with the option to pay what you're able. By paying the full amount, you cover the cost of your participation and allow us to offer the option for individuals and organizations with fewer resources to pay what they are able. We do offer full scholarships. You will have the opportunity to let us know what you can pay for the training on the registration form. Your answer does not affect your registration. You will be asked to pay by credit card or eCheck when you register. Should you be unable to attend the training, Oregon Humanities will refund the full cost of the training if notified at least seven days in advance. Cancellations within one week of the training may not be eligible for a refund.
Please note that these trainings will take place on Zoom, and we will ask you to turn your video on and keep it on as much as possible during the training. There will be plenty of screen breaks during the first two training days, and lunch will be off-screen for at least an hour on both days. Each training will take place over three days at the following dates and times (Pacific):
March Session with Brittany Wake and Jason Graham. Click here to register.
- Thursday, March 11, 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 12, 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 19, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Oregon Humanities Facilitation Training is made possible in part thanks to the support of the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Oregon Community Foundation.
No comments yet.