Oregon Humanities seeks a Database Administrator to provide support and oversight for our organizational database and to support our staff in transitioning to a new Salesforce platform for all data tracking and evaluation. This role is part technical project manager, part administrator, part trainer, and part analyst. This is a one-year, 20 hour-per-week contract position from January 2018 through December 2018.
The database administrator will be responsible for executing the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance, and improvement of our CRM platform, and for supporting staff in maximizing its utility in all operations across departments. This position is based out of our downtown Portland office.
- Serve as primary system administrator for a Salesforce environment with 12+ users
- Administer all functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows, and other routine tasks
- Establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and program evaluation change management activities
- Complete regular internal system audits and manage upgrades
- Manage the integrity of the Salesforce database including customization, development, and de-duplication of records and lists
- Design, create, update, and generate customized mailing lists and database reports across the organization
- Provide staff with technical support for database issues and functionality, and logging and tracking identified system problems through resolution
- Train staff in database functionality and general report creation and generation and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization
- Establish protocols and processes for ongoing data updates, including regular uploads/updates of new contacts
- Create and maintain documentation on Salesforce processes, policies, application configuration, and help-related materials
- Improve and customize Salesforce as the organization’s needs evolve
- Other duties include but aren't limited to: being a liaison between Oregon Humanities and technology contractors; supporting office and staff in responsive technological needs; researching potential equipment for office
- Proven ability to proactively leverage technology to improve organizational processes and outcomes.
- Proven ability to design and implement new technological processes and facilitate user adoption
- Certification as a Salesforce Administrator through Salesforce.com or ability to obtain this certification within four months of hire
- Creativity and analytical thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience assessing software compatibility and integration
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience with the Salesforce Nonprofit Starter Pack and nonprofit operations
The database administrator will use standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This person is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Applicants must be able to lift up to twenty-five pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Oregon Humanities values equity, justice, empathy, and respect as key attributes of vital, flourishing communities. We encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds, particularly those from historically underrepresented groups, whose professional and personal experiences will help us work toward our vision of an Oregon that invites diverse perspectives, explores challenging questions, and strives for just communities.
This is a one-year contract position, budgeted between $30,000 and $35,000. If you are interested, please email a proposal that includes the following in one document: a cover letter that details your interest and qualifications, a resume, and your estimated hourly or monthly rate to assume the above responsibilities. Please email your proposal by 11:59 p.m. Thursday, November 30, 2017, to Adam Green at email@example.com.